We have built our organization around a simple philosophy: We focus on helping people succeed. The people who work for us, the people who engage with us, and the people who use the systems and applications we design, build, and operate.
We are looking for an inspiring Development Lead whose guidance would reflect in the success of the team. This role will be excellent opportunity for you if autonomy, responsibility and creativity is what you seek. You will have the opportunity to lead a team through the challenges of a project from its beginning to the end while being on the forefront with our international clients and still having the support from our PMs and BAs. Moreover, influencing the wider team, the Development discipline and evangelizing the best practices is what adds challenge and value to this role. We look forward to your enthusiasm and initiative in spreading our shared values.
What your role will be?
• Design large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result and to implement solutions
• Create, amend and keep track of programs in accordance with the design
• Oversee performance of programming staff, report on their effectiveness and take action to remedy deficiencies
• Provide advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
• Takes part in evaluations and reviews of programming methods, tools and standards
• Allocate work to colleagues taking account of individuals’ abilities and the requirements of the work
• Prepare project and quality plans and advise system development teams
• Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation
• Ensure that TEAM model (The Endava Adaptive Model) is used and contributed to by developers in Skopje
Match your profile
• Experienced as a Java software developer (at least 6 years hands on) – with a wide range of commercial exposure across different Java projects
• Experienced in enterprise development, including integration, service orientation, BI, web and desktop development
• Experienced in using formal development methodologies, including Agile Scrum, and the full application development lifecycle
• Knowledgeable in XP concepts, including continuous integration, unit testing and automated code quality reporting
• Capable of evangelising technology, techniques and development best practice internally
• Experienced in mentoring and leading large teams of developers
• Understanding well the business processes
• Autonomous, problem solver, motivated and dependable, with initiative, responsible
• Experienced in customer facing and direct communication with the client
• An excellent communicator and have an advanced level of English (written and spoken)
Endava is a privately-owned IT services company, with over 15 years of experience of working with some of the world’s leading Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, and Retail companies helping them evolve and transform their businesses to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
We have over 3,000 employees located in offices in North America and Western Europe and delivery centres in Colombia, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania and Serbia.
Along with investing in long term customer relationships, we recognise the importance of providing rewarding and challenging careers for our people and, by doing this, we have established ourselves as the employer of choice for the best and brightest engineers.