As a DevOps Engineer for DevOps/CloudOps team, you will join a team of individuals that are passionate about innovation and solving business problems for our customer in the Transit Industry.
The DevOps Engineer role focuses on bridging the gaps with development and the day-to-day operations team by automating the processes with solid Best-In-Class scripting tools. Additionally, the DevOps Engineer will also be involved in the administration and management of all tools used by the development and the QA teams daily. The role will require a solid knowledge of both managing the tools hosted on in-house servers and tools and services hosted on the cloud. Additionally, the DevOps Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, coding, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues and maintain and manage security policies.
DevOps Infrastructure and Automation
- Setup automated build pipelines for cloud deployments
- Create automation scripts to reduce human interaction with servers
- Setup automated scripts to create and deploy cloud resources using Terraform and Pulumi.
- Build and manage servers and related systems
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Create and maintain additional automation scripts as required to eliminate the need for manual
Repository Management Systems
- Code migrations between source code management tools (SVN & GIT)
- Manage SCC servers and repositories – creation, backup, synchronization, and access rights.
- Create and maintain source control related scripts.
- Support various source control servers as necessary (SVN & GIT).
- Administer Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, ANT, Fisheye, Crowd.
- Perform upgrades and manage plugins.
- Troubleshoot and support
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or information technology
5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of Windows Server 2016 and higher, Active Directory and related technologies are required
- Experience working in an agile environment and culture and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Repository management tools like SVN and GIT is required.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence (frontend and backend Administration) is required
- Experience with Pipeline tools like Bamboo and Azure DevOps is required.
- Experience with scripting tools like PowerShell, ANT, and Python is required
- Knowledge in SQL Management (2012+) is required.
- Understanding of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- MCSA, MCSE or equivalent certifications is a bonus
- Experience with Atlassian Fisheye Crucible and Crowd is a bonus
- Knowledge in Networking – VPN networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies is a bonus.